Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Do bonsai trees do well in flourescent lighting?

I have a small potted bonsai tree at home. It is not doing well no matter what window I put it in. I'd like to bring it to work and keep it in my office, but there is no natural sunlight there, just flourescent lights. Someone else has houseplants in their office, and they do well in the flourescents, but I'm not sure if it's the same way for a bonsai.|||First, we have to determine the species of tree because 100's of species are made into bonsai. You are welcome to send a photo to me at:


wchoat@american-bonsai.com . If you aren't able to send a photo, send an email describing the foliage, and remind me of the question. You may very well have an outdoor tree, and if so, no amount of light will keep it alive indoors. You may also want to look at the Bonsai Care page of my website:


http://www.american-bonsai.com to get a better idea about what I am speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment