Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Does anyone know of a good reference or website for the care of a bonsai tree?

I have a spruce bonsai that is appearing to be out growing its current pot (5in x 3in x 2in). I have had it for 3 months as I received it as a valentine's gift. I want to make sure that I can do all that I can for this plant and am considering taking this up as a hobby (especially if I am successful). When I do this transplant, will I have to prune the roots? What I am looking for is fail proof guide on what to do when transplanting this plant.


Thanks in advance for your advice.|||Here is one, I hope you find it helpful....


http://www.bonsai4me.com/AdvTech/ATPicea鈥?/a>|||You might want to look at the Bonsai Care page on my website:


http://www.american-bonsai.com . You are also welcome to email me at:


wchoat@american-bonsai.com and I'll send you specific care instructions for spruce bonsai.|||Hi, I just recently bought a Bonsai after wanting one since 1984 yes yes since The Karate Kid came out but thats a long time and I didnt just rush in I have a really good book with lots of good advice and diagrams it is called "Bonsai Basics" By Colin Lewis, Aura Garden Guides. It can be bought at most large Garden Centres... I am guessing that is not an advert.

No comments:

Post a Comment