Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Is it hard to grow or maintain a bonsai tree?

I want a bonsai tree for my bedroom. I have NO experience with them at all. How hard is it to grow or maintain them? THANKS!|||Not difficult to take good care of, and easy enough to kill.





Most bonsai are hardy plants which prefer an outdoor setting, even in the winter's the desire a sheltered spot over an indoor window sill. OF COURSE, it depends on which kind of shrub or tree you bonsai.





Do you have any experience with house plants or any garden maintenance at all? That would be helpful. They need to be attended to regularly, they could be considered what is called high maintenance because in order to keep and control their appearance you have to trim, shape, root cut, wire, prune, water, and make other adjustments quite regularly. I would suggest going to your local bonsai society meeting to find out more.





Of course you could always do what I did, buy a couple... kill them, buy a couple more.... kill them... buy a couple more and think "what am I doing?" The next one I swear, I'm going to really take care of. Really. And I'm going to join the bonsai society and the rose society, and the iris, daylily etc. society.





It's a sickness really.|||My bonsai tree lasted just a few days.|||Bonsai is a state of mind. You must exercise that part of your mind that can visualize forward. Sexual visualization is along these same lines. Bonsai is to become aware and to correctly manipulate every aspect of the object. Be it water,sun,wind or earth-you must move, ever re-fineing,towards a better balance in life. The best have lived 400+ years.|||Mine isn't too happy indoors, it's drooping. Then I took it outside and it's happy.|||Bonsai are not houseplants, they belong outside.





In the winter if you have a garden dig a hole and plant the pot in it.


If you do not have a garden just a patio, get a planter and fill with mulch to winter over the tree.





Don't forget to feed it|||You're looking for an indoor plant and you can see some pics on this site. They also have care instructions.





http://www.american-bonsai.com

No comments:

Post a Comment