Saturday, November 19, 2011

I just recently received a bonsai tree and?

the person who gave it as a present told me I should water it every two days. Does that mean it is an indoor bonsai tree? I am not sure of its type. Also, how should I trim it? Its leaves are very thin and small.|||Compare your plant with pics on this site and you can check for appropriate care instructions too.


http://www.american-bonsai.com|||With a few exceptions, all bonsai are outddor plants. You can, however, bring the plant indoors for a couple of days for decoration, just keep it in a well lit room. Most bonsai die from inexperienced owners either over or under watering the plant, as to how oftern you should water it, this depends on the species. I recommend finding a good bonsai internet site. On there the people on the forums are usually very helpful, you can take a photo of your plant and they will almost always be able to identify it and give you specific tips for that species. I'm Australian, so I use www.gardenexpress.com.au/forum/ , try that site. It takes practice as to how to trim it and look after it really. But I think you should find out what plant you have first, since all plants are different. Anyway, check out that site, or find another (just google 'bonsai forum') and good luck.


Damien.

No comments:

Post a Comment