Tuesday, November 22, 2011

How long does it take for a Bonsai Tree to reach a good size?

I have planted some bonsai trees in my room and am wondering how long it will take for them to get to a decent size|||Depends if you want to cheat or not and what the trees are. Some commercial growers plant the trees in the ground to get them to grow fast and get thick trunks, then chop them down. That way they can get a sellable tree within a few years.


I have a number of trees that have become good shapes within 5 years, growing in pots, but it depends on having good potential trees as saplings, feeding and watering them well and giving them PLENTY of light. Remember that they are trees (a bonsai simply is a stunted normal tree) and need more light than housplants. Generally even "indoor" species benefit from being outside during the warmer summer months.





You can bonsai most trees, I have bonsai oaks, elms, maples, cedar and native species grow into good shapes fast. Find out all you can about the variety of species you have it will help you turn them into trees to be proud off.





Good Luck|||I am told that it is 15 yrs for a deciduous tree bonsai, which are the prettiest bonsais . Regular trees, only 7|||No real offense, and I have no clue as to what you define as GOOD or DECENT, but I suggest that the very nature of the art of Bonsai, is to keep the tree in a shape that looks like it's a large tree, while keeping the tree Small.





Rev. Steven|||Don't grow that big anyways do they, try playing a bit akon and eminem to the tree and back it up with lots of love.|||cor, a long time, its best to buy one as a sapling. sorry I couldn't be more helpful.|||it takes forever|||I have had a bonsai tree since I was 5 years old. My grandpa bought it for me. it hasn't grown much.





The Bonsai shop around here has decent size ones but they are 65 years old.





Remember, its a tree. Just miniaturized|||YEARS!|||they grow really short, we had one for a while umm...it didn't grow much...i gues it just depends

No comments:

Post a Comment