Saturday, November 19, 2011

What fertilizer can I use for my bonsai?

I have a serissa bonsai as well as a money tree and I cant seem to find a feritlizer specifically for bonsais anywhere locally. I need to find a fertilizer before I go overseas in a week. Is there a generic fertilizer I can use? Thanks!|||Bonsai can be fed with any general purpose fertiliser, but bare in mind that when you feed a plant it will put on a lot of new growth so for feeding bonsai you will have to go easy or you will be doing a rather lot of pruning of top and root growth.


If your going away for a while you would be better off waiting till you get back before feeding.|||try BonsaiBasics.com|||You can use any proprietary fertilizer,preferably liquid, ie.....Phostrogen,"Miracle Grow",BUT, mix to half strength only and apply not more than two weekly intervals, until September,then switch to "Tomorite" at half strength occasionally over the winter period.You may also like to try fish emulsion or an organic seaweed fertilizer!|||This may sound gross but, I get buckets full of "fertilizer" compost that the city water treatment plant (a.k.a., Poo-plant) makes and gives away for free - it works on everything from my lawn to my ice-plants to my Chitalpa trees - maybe you could find a source in your area by checking with your city's waste water department. - Hope that helps|||have a wee in a bucket and then feed the plant ,


PROMISE it works..Its called nitogen..|||Usually horse manure but for Bonzai it must be pony manure !!!|||NONE, look up what tru Bosai is!!!!!


However if you want to practice Kamuti then it's a whole differnt ball game and you treat them to everything they want and keep them under control


If you are going away, you need someone special to tend them, alternatively look for a local Bonsai provider and see if they have 'holiday' areas. The one near Barnet has people's bonsais during their holidays to ensure they are watered correctly|||go to the garden centre there are some manufacturers that make a special fertiliser for bonsai trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment