Tuesday, November 22, 2011

How do I make my tree look like a traditional bonsai?

I've grown some apple plants from seeds into seedlings. The plants are about two feet tall and have all the looks of a tree that has been left to it's own devices, large leaves and a skinny trunk. I want to make them into bonsai trees with the traditional look. Now I just need to know what to do now to make the leaves smaller, or more proportionate to the trunk.|||By root pruning, and top pruning, training the branches toward the shape desired, keeping the root ball in a small pot, and using special soil (bonsai soil can be purchased at garden stores).





Whole books are written on the subject - so detailed instructions can go on and on. I recommend getting some books on bonsai from the library - ones with lots of pictures since this is a very visual art - and read up on technique.|||By pruning and restricting growth: http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0ge鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment