Sunday, November 13, 2011

How do I tell if my bonsai is a male or a female?

My boyfriend just got me a Japanese Juniper bonsai for my Christmas present and I was just wondering if there was any way of telling it's gender.


Thanks.|||Pull down it's little pants... Actually it depends on the actual plant. Bonsai is just a word describing the miniaturization or "dwarfing" of plants and the methods used to achieve it. Monoecious plants have both the male and female parts of the plant - but on separate parts. Dioecious are either male or female as the plant will have only one or the other. Plants with perfect flowers have both parts on the same flower. Most plants will be one of these three. Also, some Bonsai plants may never flower due to the extreme methods used to keep them small.|||One has female flowers and one has male flowers.


Flower Anatomy -


http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subject鈥?/a>|||You'll have to wait until it flowers to tell the difference. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juniper|||look underneath it|||"reyn's" Right unless you want to have a lab do a chromosome analysis on it. Spendy. RScott|||Umm...


All plants (that I know of) have both "genders" at once. However, the ways they are fertilized are as diverse as the plants themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment